Friday 5 October 2012

A Turkish Monster

A long, long time ago, I used to draw stuff - constantly. Got three big cardboard boxes full of drawings here, as well as a couple of big folders full. Nothing fancy or gallery-worthy, just for the fun of it.

I miss it, I do! A couple of days ago I found myself in the back of a car on a fairly long journey, and I had a spiral-bound notebook and a pen to hand. So a bit of doodling commenced. This is what I did:


Started with the big mouth, then realised I should've done it landscape-wise if I was to continue with the slimy crocodile I first envisioned. So then I attempted to turn it into a pus-filled mutation of the Snapping Turk from Yellow Submarine, but couldn't be bothered with the legs or clothes, so slapped a spring underneath him. And gave him spikes instead of arms.

I'm happy enough with it, now it's just a case of pondering whether the "Doodle Bug" will continue? Or will that be it for another few years?

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I feel like drawing these days, even just thinking of lifting the pencil tires me out, so I go and have a lie down instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh draw relentlessly, please. I like the insight into the creative process. I never go in with a plan, either. Makes me feel like I'm in a corner from the outset.

    ReplyDelete